There are so many things to do in New York City during the Christmas holiday, but I have tried to list my personal best for you all in one post. They are in no particular order as that would be quite hard indeed!!
- Department Store Windows - walk from Macy's up Fifth Avenue to Lord & Taylor, Saks, Henri Bendel, Tiffany, Bergdorf Goodman then over to Madison Avenue for Barney's and a few more over to Lexington for Bloomingdales.
- Ice Skating in Central Park or Bryant Park
- Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center
- Holiday Train Show at NY Botanical Garden
- Enjoy a holiday tea at The Plaza Hotel, The Lowell Hotel, The Ritz Carlton Central Park or The Mandarin Oriental New York
- Christmas Lights and Cannoli Tour with A Slice of Brooklyn
- The Nutcracker at the NYC Ballet
- Holiday Markets at Chelsea Market, Union Square, Grand Central Terminal , The Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park
- Walk around Flatiron district and enjoy a cup of cocoa at LA Burdick Chocolate Shop
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas just opening on Broadway would be a fun time
I stayed away from the Radio City Show as that is pretty common to most, but kept in the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center as it is a gorgeous site to see, especially for your first time in the city during the holiday season. Expect very large crowds around the tree, especially at night, as everyone wants to see the beauty of this holiday NYC tradition.
What are some of your favorite holiday events in New York City?
Sign Up for Daily Emails