WORLD’S LARGEST SQUASH SPECTATOR EVENT
TRANSFORMS GRAND CENTRAL TERMINAL, DRAWING THOUSANDS
· January 19 7:30p Legends exhibition match
· January 20-23 12p, 3p, 6p Early round matches (players, details TBD)
· January 24 12p, 6p Quarterfinals (players, details TBD)
· January 25 6p Semifinals (players, details TBD)
· January 26 6:30p Finals (players, details TBD)
WHERE: Grand Central Terminal, Vanderbilt Hall
89 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017
VISUALS: * Four-walled ToC Glass Court weighs 10 tons and sits in historic Vanderbilt Hall. Seating for 500 spectators surrounds the court on three sides. Court and stands are assembled 48 hours prior to first match.
* Onlookers can view games for free from a standing-room-only area.
* During the tournament, junior players in the ToC Junior Invitational and NYC urban squash programs take turns in the ToC Glass Court (call for timing).
* Top-ranking international men’s and women’s players compete each day, among train arrivals and departures, and 750,000 daily commuters and shoppers.
INFO: The world’s largest squash spectator event, the J.P. Morgan Tournament of Champions returns to Grand Central Terminal for a 15th year of competition among the world’s best professional squash players. The squash equivalent of Wimbledon, ToC is one of the men’s Professional Squash Association tour’s most-coveted titles. The only championship sporting event held annually in Grand Central, this is a favorite tour stop for the more than 80 top-ranked men and women professional players who compete for the title.
2010 Champion James Willstrop
**photos provided by the wonderful press department at Grand Central Terminal
Sign Up for Daily Emails