Easter is a lovely time. We are hoping to get into the warmer weather in the East, and we get to enjoy chocolate as well as wearing a fancy hat. When I was little, my Uncle worked for a greenhouse, and he always brought me my Easter corsage Easter Sunday morning. My Mom made many of my clothes, she knew how to sew very well, and I always looked my Easter best! I made my first Easter pizza by myself last year, and it came out pretty well. I guess working with my Mom making it for so many years, you do learn even though you don't realize that is happening. You can read all about the Italian Easter Pizza HERE. I have very fond memories of the holiday with my family, I am hoping to start a new tradition this year by spending the weekend in New York City. If you follow me on Instagram, you will be able to see what I come across during my stay.
1. Easter Parade & Bonnet Festival on 5th Avenue - a fun event, regular folks walking along Fifth Avenue with fantastic Easter hats, some are very creative!
2. A fabulous Easter brunch - be sure to make reservations on this busy day, so many fabulous places to choose from in this wonderful city. I always use Opentable
3. Shop for some of the most amazing chocolates in various shops in the city - my favorites L.A. Burdick, Vosges and MarieBelle
4. St Patrick's Cathedral Easter Mass - Easter Sunday 03/27/16 Masses: 7:00, 8:00, 8:45am to 10:15am (This mass requires tickets), 12 noon, 1:00, 4:00 (Spanish), and 5:30pm
5. Broadway Show - be sure to purchase in advance as they sell out quickly on this day. I like to use the site Theater Mania for some discounted tickets, you will never find me in that line in Times Square!
6. Empire State Building - if the weather is nice, it's always fantastic to see the views of this amazing city
7. Metropolitan Museum of Art - there is never a day not to visit this museum, but they are open Easter Sunday
8. NY Botanical Garden - hours on Easter Sunday/Monday are 10am - 6pm Their amazing Orchid exhibit is on display during this time
9. If you cannot get into St. Pat's for mass, there are many other gorgeous churches that you can attend Easter Mass in the city.
10. Macy's Flower Show - usually runs each year during this time, March 20 to April 3, 2016
To be assured not miss a post, sign up for each one to be emailed to you HERE. Be sure to check for your Feedburner confirmation email, or your subscription will not be processed. Your email is not sold or shared with anyone. Thank you so much for being a reader of this blog!