these Van Cleef and Arpels windows are just so amazing....after their exhibit at the Cooper Hewitt, I really have more appreciation for their jewelry making.....so unique .......
these butterflies were just so gorgeous and would be great on a coat or clutch handbag
the decorations in the windows were just as dainty as the jewelry
look at that necklace.....could you imagine that as a gift?
Birds of Paradise this window is called........I can understand why.....
Van Cleef and Arpels have made jewelry for some very famous people such as The Duchess of Windsor, Diana, Princess of Wales, Princess Grace, Elizabeth Taylor, Sophia Loren, Julia Roberts, Ava Gardner and Audrey Hepburn.........
I could see any one of those ladies wearing this necklace
I really loved the decor of the windows, this butterfly was so detailed .....
Van Cleef & Arpels creations**
The history of Van Cleef & Arpels has been marked by a number of milestone creations, the most emblematic of which include:
- the first watch with a leather strap, made in yellow or white gold (1923);
- a bracelet depicting red and white roses in bloom, made with diamonds, rubies and emeralds, which was awarded the Grand Prix de l’Exposition Internationale des Arts Décoratifs et Industriels Modernes de Paris – First Prize at the International Exposition of Modern Industrial and Decorative Arts (1925);
- the Minaudière, a small precious box that can hold a powder compact, lipstick, lighter, or keys, inspired by Florence Jay Gould (1930);
- the Cadenas (Padlock) wristwatch (1936);
- the Passe Partout (Take-me-anywhere) bracelet (1939);
- the round watch with an ultra-slim case, the P.A. 49 (1949);
- the Zip necklace (1950), which can be opened and closed just like a zip;
- the Alhambra necklace (1968);
- the Millénaire (Millennium) clip (2000);
- the Lotus “between-the-fingers” ring (2001);
- the Le Songe d’une Nuit d’Été (A Midsummer Night’s Dream) collection (2003);
- the Couture collection (2004);
- the Pierres de Caractère (Stones of Character) collection (2005);
- the Atlantide and Ballet Précieux (Atlantis and Precious Ballet) collections (2007);
- the Jardins (Gardens) collection (2008);
- the Féerie (Fairy) perfume (2008);
- the California Rêverie collection (2009);
- the Collection Extraordinaire perfume (2010);
- the Papillons (Butterflies) collection (2010);
- the Voyages Extraordinaires - Jules Verne collection (2010);
- the Midnight in Paris perfume (2010).
** taken from Wikipedia
Today's Words of Wisdom: Kindness begets Kindness
Subscribe via Email