The winter temps in New York City can be brutal. It is a walking city and when the cold hits hard, you don't feel like being outdoors. Here are some activities that you can do while visiting during the winter season. There is always something to do in this magical city, even in the most harsh winters.
In no particular order:
1. City Bakery's Hot Chocolate Festival for the month of February is not to be missed
2. Take in a performance at the NY City Ballet in Lincoln Center
3. Ice skating in Bryant Park the rink is open until March 5, 2017
4. Enjoy the Chinese Lunar New Year Parade and Festival Sunday February 5, 2017
5. Unwind at Raines Law Room with a cocktail
6. Attend the Westminster Kennel Club's Dog Show usually February each year
7. Brooklyn Flea has a wonderful indoor location till around mid April AND The Artists and Fleas in Chelsea Market is a must visit
8. Central Park Zoo's tropic zone
9. Visit any fantastic museum for wonderful exhibits and dine there for lunch. Some of my faves are:
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Morgan Library and Museum, The Rubin Museum of Art and MOMA.
10. Take advantage of the great deals for NYC Restaurant Week January 23 to February 10 2017.
11. Take a bus tour, On Location Tours or A Slice of Brooklyn Tours are fabulous as you don't have to do a lot of walking in cold weather.
What is your favorite activity in NYC during the winter months?
To be assured not miss a post, sign up for each one to be emailed to you HERE. Be sure to check for your Feedburner confirmation email, or your subscription will not be processed. Your email is not sold or shared with anyone. Thank you so much for visiting!
Would be thrilled if you gave me a follow here: