We are all just so glued to our cell phones, however, many good things can come of it! I love being about to find out information on my phone while in the city. It quite spoils us I think, in a good way. I have listed what I think are the best apps you should have on your phone when visiting NYC, and many of them feature other cities as well. I use Google Maps quite often when trying to find a new place, sometimes it's right in front of me and I just don't see it! I have also listed most that have Android as well as iPhone and some Windows versions. I myself use my Galaxy Note and have never been an apple person, so it's important to see they offer Android as well. The Zomato app is the old OpenTable which I loved, I am still getting used to Zomato. Sit or Squat is very important, by the folks at Charmin, and it's so important to find a clean bathroom when walking around the city. I personally try to go to hotels as most have one in their lobby and it's always in good shape.
In no particular order:
1. Sit or Squat by Charmin (Android/iPhone) - finds the cleanest bathrooms based on reviews
2. Groupon (Android/Iphone) - find deals on restaurants, shows, shopping, spas in NYC
3. Open Table (Android/Windows/iPhone) - reserve restaurants & cancel with ease
4. Zomato (Android/iPhone/Windows) - check out restaurant reviews, order food online
5. Park Me (Andoid/iPhone) - find the cheapest parking when traveling
6. I Love NY (Android/iPhone) - State's official tourism app which shows all activities going on
7. Shout (Andriod/iPhone) - a platform where folks can sell tickets & reservations
8. ABC Eats - (Andriod/iPhone) - gives the health rating on every restaurant
9. Time Out NY (Andriod/iPhone) - from the magazine, gives you all activities in the city
10. Cups (Android/iPhone) - prepaid coffee plans for the cities best cafes
Do you have a favorite NYC travel app?
To be assured not miss a post, sign up for each one to be emailed to you HERE. Be sure to check for your Feedburner confirmation email, or your subscription will not be processed. Your email is not sold or shared with anyone. Thank you so much for being a reader of this blog!